Lancaster Home Builders Association: About Us
(application / association members)
• Three-in-One Membership--Membership includes membership to Ohio Home Builders Assoc. and National Assoc. of Home Builders
• Professional recognition! Enhance your professional credibility and visibility
• Get to know others in the building industry in your area
• Possible leads to contracts
• Your contact info on our business website
• Members refer other members to you
• Customers look for businesses that are established and well known
• The more your name is heard the more work you will get
• Workers compensation--group discounts available
• Speakers--Info on upcoming changes in the building industry, codes, and products
• NAHB has the strength in numbers to defeat excessive regulations and needless red tape, and to defend affordable housing initiatives
• Home & Garden Show discount for members
• Be a part of a community service project or charity donations, currently Bird houses for kids at
Lancaster Festival, Earth Angel Foundation, Amanda Village Veterans Memorial and Christmas Toy Drive
• International Builders Show
• Access to Expert Advisors--a team of industry experts at your disposal through NAHB to address your specific business questions for free? When you become an NAHB member, you get instant access to our distinguished economists, legal research staff, financial experts, librarians, and regulatory and technical specialists
• Educational Programs & safety guidelines available through OHBA & NAHB
• Free subscription of Builder Magazine
• Discounts available: See www.nahb.org for details. For a detailed list, visit website.
• Additional discounts from: Hewlett-Parkard, Fed Ex, General Motors, Lowes, Liberty Mutual, FTD.com, NAHB Career Center, Trans First (credit card processing service), Omaha Steaks, Wyndham Hotels & Vacation Rentals,
Office Depot , YRC Freight, Dell, Avis, Budget, Endless Vacation Rentals, International Builders Show, Webinars from NAHB, HBArebates.com, rebates for builders & remodelers, Local Member to Member Discounts and more!
The Lancaster Home Builders Association, founded in 1954, is a not-for-profit professional trade association representing the interests and concerns of builders, remodelers, subcontractors, suppliers and all aspects associated with the local construction industry.
The Lancaster Home Builders Association's main priority is providing professional, competitive services and information to Fairfield, Hocking and Perry counties in Ohio.
The Association is affiliated with and conforms to the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the Ohio Home Builders Association (OHBA).
It is the goal of the Lancaster Home Builders Association to:
• Grow in size, strength, unity and membership involvement.
• Promote high standards for professionalism and service within the building industry.
• Continue to be the source of education and technology for the membership and public.
• Encourage and promote quality, attainable home ownership.
• Increase the public awareness and image of the LHBA.
LANCASTER HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION
CODE OF ETHICS
Members of Lancaster Home Builders Association affirm that:
Home ownership should be within reach of every American family. These homes should provide the best value possible, and be built with high standards of safety, quality materials, sanitation and livability. In addition, every home should be backed by builder service and integrity.
As part of our responsibility to the homebuyer, our community and country, TCHBA members pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
Honesty is our guiding policy in conducting business affairs. We will strive consistently to comply with the law in financial transactions and business contracts, and manage our dealings with employees, subcontractors and suppliers with fairness.
We will work toward establishing a balance between legitimate environmental concerns and the need to develop and construct new housing. This will include the conservation of land and energy through consideration of natural environment as an intrinsic element in housing design.
To maintain our leadership as a progressive industry, we will continue to encourage research and development of new materials, building techniques, building equipment, and improved methods of home financing. Sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
Finally, because we believe in the free enterprise system and American way of life, we pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national association, and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the Lancaster Home Builders Association.